2. Link to the person who nominated you — See above (click on award)!
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
Erin and I met on Flickr back in the day and it has been a pleasure following her life in England through photos and words, and it makes me so glad that she enjoys reading my posts here! The ten questions that she poses are:
2) What made you start blogging and what keeps you going?
3) Which is your favourite season and why?
4) What do you consider to be the strangest thing about Britain/British people?
5) What’s the atomic number of Zinc? (And which 90s movie was the answer to this question in?)
In pure terms of textures and aromas that I don't cook at home, I'd have to say geoduck and uni (sea urchin) woud be up there. One of the best things I've eaten is uni shooters: sea urchin, an oyster and a quail egg layered in a shot glass, all raw and fresh and lovely.
8) Which musical artist is your guilty pleasure?
9) What’s your earliest memory?
10) If you could dine anywhere in the world where would it be and what would you order?
- fudge it - My friend Bushra is a whipsmart British music-lover and mom of 2. I love her photos and her always evolving, always funny outlook on work woes and "village" life. Also, she is just a pretty much awesome person.
- Take a Megabite - I've always loved my friend Megan's food blog, but her baking, her aesthetics and her ass kickingness (I swear that is a word) is completely blowing me away this year! Her recipes are so on point, you guys.
- every moment's a little bit later - Isabelle's photos = love. With every post she takes me to another world and makes me feel like it is such a wonderful place to be in. This one is a treasure.
- Next Draft - This daily compendium of news items is my life line. I'm trying to make a concerted effort to not waste so much time online (something tells me this is going to be a lifelong process). Next Draft is tightly edited, concisely and elegantly presented, and it is friendly, approachable and enlightening. If it's the only thing I read I know I'm up to date on the internet. I highly recommend the app or email subscription.
- Dessert For Two - Christina's site is full of great simple recipes (not just desserts) that I always want to try. I love the concept - making just a small portion of food so that we don't waste anything or end up having to eat the same meal all week.
- The Impulsive Buy - A blog that provides "quasi-reviews" of foodstuffs from chain stores and mega labels. It is droll, it is snarky and it is pretty much all I could ask for.
- a pair & a spare - If your life was perfect and you were, too, I think this is what it would look like.
- Alexandra Franzen - For when I need reminding that life doesn't suck and neither do I.
- Do You Think You're Pretty? - Emily Gordon is the female half of one of my favorite podcasts, The Indoor Kids. I always enjoy her writing, but the recent advice letter answers on her tumblr are extra awesome.
- Christine Friar - One of my favorite tumblrs, peppered with hilarious original writing.