Some things to do right now:
- Take winter walks. Appreciate cold weather beauty.
- Be glad the chaotic hubbub of the holidays is over. Plan a fun activity to replace the warm, cheery fun of the holidays. I think ours is going to involve SF Sketchfest, which turns 13 this year.
- If you are an omnivore, buy hams and turkeys at ridiculously low post-holiday prices, cook them, slice them and freeze them. That way you'll have tons of delicious unprocessed sandwich meats to use over the next couple of months for next to nothing.
- Get ready for BBC's Sherlock. I know some of my readers will have already seen season 3 in their countries, and I guess we could find ways to see it here, too. But I've decided to wait for the PBS airing. Although I have mixed feelings about this version of the Sherlock Holmes story, I'm still very excited to see the developments for this season.
- Drink hot cider and mulled wine. It just feels right.
- Start planning for Valentine's Day. Reservations, baking, cooking, flowers and/or cards. How will you show your love for friends, family and sweethearts this year?
- Make one health goal for 2014. It doesn't have to be losing 50 pounds. It doesn't have to be shunning all bread forever (gods forbid). Even if it's eating one more serving of fruit and veggies a day, giving meditation a try, or parking further from the store, every little bit counts.
- Look forward to new music. Like this beauty from James Vincent McMorrow's upcoming release, Post-Tropical: