This week I am:
- Mad craving chocolate.It's probably because of all the Valentine's dessert recipes and candy ads I've been seeing, but some Dove hearts would really hit the spot right now.
- Wishing I knew how to sew.
- Working out like crazy. I'm going H.A.M., basically, in a last ditch effort to get all Gwen Stefani'd since I'll have to dance in front of 175 people in a sleeveless dress in four weeks. I don't know how successful I'll be, but better late than never, I supppose.
- Talking with my sister about chips.
- Reading Harry Bosch crime novels with pleasure. Boy do I have a soft spot for loner Vietnam vet detectives who make the streets of Los Angeles safer, one perp at a time.
- Thinking about sending lots of emails, but sending zero emails.
The Oil Slick - Frightened Rabbit Don't worry, the deep emotional angst of Frightened Rabbit is still there, but this new album, Pedestrian Verse, is remarkably restrained and lovely and polished in a way that this group has never been before. This album is my latest, dearest love.
Flammarion - Blue Hawaii This boy/girl electronic duo are making very chill and perfectly sweet electronic music on their second album, Untogether. They're on the same label as Grimes (Arbutus) and if you like the one, I definitely think you'll like the other.